Friday, September 10, 2010

WeUtonga!!

Thursday the 26th finally arrived and by twelve noon i was getting a strange tummy ache,you know the one you get before presenting a big thing in front of an audiece of more than fifty?yea,that one!It was a make or break moment for me..most invited guests were on time,the press,my parents,my in-laws and most importantly my band members and they were all looking up to me to kickstart the programme.My husband was there in the backstage with me psyching  me up and telling me things were going to be awesome.I knew we had put our all into this launch but one just cant be too sure of last minute problems.
The first act was in and out and i thought they had played for a second,yet they had been on stage for thirty whole minutes!As soon as they were done,we had to roll,and boy did we just do that!Everything went ever so smoothly,some things were not planned but just fell in like they were meant to be.
So now its official,the long awaited album UTONGA is out and causing waves on the local scene and i feel like i`m walking on some cloud!It feels so good to listen to my music on our local radio stations,getting interviews and articles done and most importantly getting positive feedback on the work done,like the Zimbo jam declaring the launch as `the best and most organised launch this year'.That feels REALLY GOOD
The real work begins now,Marketing.Since this is an independent project,it all falls on mine and my managers shoulders and truth be told,I donot have the faintest idea how i`m doing it but i am and its looking good,i have faith,and its going to be bigger than it already is!
Til then
Wake up to Utonga!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment